LIBERTERRE BEESWAX CANDLES
We make all of our beeswax candles by hand here on our farm.
All of our candles are made from 100% pure beeswax with cotton wicks. None of our candles have any added scent, instead they emit the natural fragrance of beeswax and honey.
Beeswax candles burn longer, cleaner and brighter than paraffin.
Beeswax is a renewable all natural wax with no additives or fillers, created solely by honey bees. It is safe enough to eat, common in many cosmetics, and is most recognizable as a clean burning & bright fuel source in beeswax candles. Beeswax is hypo-allergenic and good for people with allergies, asthma or other chemical sensitivities.
Reasons To Switch To Beeswax Candles
• Clean air: unlike paraffin candles that produce toxic fumes when burned, beeswax candles produce no toxic by-products and are non-allergenic.
• Draw in contaminants: As the candle burns, it produces negative ions that circulate in the room and attract and burn pollutants.
• Neutralize pollutants: such as dust, odours, mould, bacteria, viruses and other toxins.
• Produce calming and balancing vibrations: When beeswax candles burn, they also produce a multi-level vibration that calms the inner senses. It is said that burning a beeswax candle in the bedroom for 30 minutes before going to sleep will result in a more restful sleep.
• Honey scent: Beeswax candles will sweeten the room with the pure scent of honey.
• Burn longer than paraffin wax.
• Virtually dripless in a draft-free environment.
• Natural Color which will vary depending on bee's source of pollen and nectar
• Frosted Appearance will develop over time. This natural Process is called 'bloom' and shows that the candle is pure beeswax. The candle can be buffed to appear shiny if you prefer.
How to burn a beeswax candle
To prolong the life of your beeswax candle keep the wick at 1/4 inch in height, trimming with scissors if necessary. As the candle melts push the soft walls of the candle inwards, keeping the melted wax from dripping over.
Burn times of each candle are approximates. Candles burned intermittently will last longer than one burned continuously. Temperatures of the environment will also effect the burn time of each candle.
Paraffin is a greyish black sludge that is a by-product of the petroleum refining process. It is bleached, textured, coloured and scented using carcinogenic chemicals. It is highly refined and treated to force it into something that passes as a useable product. After processing, it still contains up to 11 toxic compounds and chemicals, benzene and toluene to name a few. It isn't a clean or bright burning fuel source.
When burned, these carcinogens fill the room with toxins that coat the walls, furniture, and the inside of your lungs. For more information about the cancers caused by paraffin search "Paraffinoma" on the Internet.
"Breathing the fumes from burning paraffin candles is essentially the same as breathing the exhaust fumes from a diesel engine."
Bill Reno Entomologist/writer
Alive magazine #218
December 2000 issue
Do not leave burning candles unattended
Keep wicks trimmed to 1/4 inch
Burn in fireproof container
Keep out of reach of children
Beeswax vs Paraffin
Back to Liberterre